- Inspect and check area for services.
- Mark out positions of Heli Piles avoiding any services.
- Create a pilot hole using the Heli Spike with a sacrificial Heli Cone.
- Extract the Heli Spike leaving the pilot hole ready for the Heli Pile.
- Start Heli Pile in the pilot hole by hand.
- Secure Drive Head Washer to top of pile and drive the first metre.
- Remove the Drive Head Washer and attach another section of Heli Pile, replace Drive Head Washer.
- Continue to required depth.
- For tensile testing place load spreaders local to the installed Heli Pile.
- For compression testing attach beam across other installed Heli Piles.
- Attach Heli Pile Load Test Unit and load test Heli Pile. If there is a shortfall in the loading, add more sections as above or allow period of time for strength gain.
- After testing drive Heli Pile to final position.
- For remedial work, as shown below, ensure masonry is clean and install Bar Flex as per the project specific Standard Detail.
- Shutter local area to Heli Pile and pour concrete to size and strength detailed on the project specific Standard Detail.